Logo

1990 60 HP Mercury Overheat Buzzer Driving Me Crazy

grubby

" The high temp buzzer will go

" The high temp buzzer will go off periodically. Have changed impeller and motor is not getting hot. Have even disconnected temp sensor on motor, which had no affect on the buzzer. I noticed last night that the buzzer started going off when I had accidentally left ignition switch in the "on" position without the motor running. Have consulted manual and it states that it might be warning module. I was wondering if it could be the ignition switch, since it went off last night and motor was not even running. I don't want to replace an $80.00 module on just a hunch. Also, I can only find oil warning module part number, and am not sure if this also serves as the engine overheat module. The buzzer is underneath the dashboard, so is that where the module is, in the event it needs to be replaced? I looked at motor and did not see anything that looked like a warning module. Again, it is the steady continuous tone, and it comes on periodically. "

" Grubby,

When you first tu

" Grubby,

When you first turn the ignition switch to the on position, or to the accessory position, the warning horn is supposed to sound. This lets you know that it is working. If there is a problem with the test circuit in the horn, it can continue to sound, or sound off at any time.

Tony "

Back