Logo

1990 5.7 Copper Thermostat sleeve

learaviator

Are these available to buy? All I see are the plastic ones and a couple of discussions said the plastic one does not replace the copper one. Thank you for any help!

I saw those on Ebay but they have no openings for water. I was wondering if when you buy one you have to cut out the openings?

I believe the part number for the copper one is 23-806922 but I am not sure. When I look up the part number that is correct for the S/N of the engine, everything I see is plastic. Yet mine is copper.

Well I am not sure where yours came from but for that year engine, it lists 3 different cooling designs, I, II, III.

Design I is the part I link to above

Designs II and III use the same part and it lists it as Plastic. The part number 23-806922 is no longer available and has been superseded 23-8M0214947.

It is what it is.​

Well I am not sure where yours came from but for that year engine, it lists 3 different cooling designs, I, II, III.

Design I is the part I link to above

Designs II and III use the same part and it lists it as Plastic. The part number 23-806922 is no longer available and has been superseded 23-8M0214947.

It is what it is.​

Yes, mine is Design II. I just wanted to make sure plastic would replace the copper one before I destroy it getting it out. Although, I believe that is going to be the only way. Thank you for your replies!

Back