Logo

1989 Mariner 75hp Tilt and trim questions!!!

Zmartin356

I have a 1989 Mariner 75hp Serial - 0C146899
I was seeing if someone would be able to tell me if a 3 ram trim unit off a 1998 Mariner racing 300hp supermag (0G703239)would fit on a 1989 Mariner 75hp.

Also what year range would I need to look for in trim units for my 1989. Thanks!!!

It's unlikely that the 3 ram trim unit from a 1998 Mariner Racing 300hp Supermag would fit a 1989 Mariner 75hp, as they are designed for different models and power ratings.

For the correct trim unit for your 1989 Mariner 75hp, you should look for units that are specifically designed for this model and year range, or check with a Mariner parts supplier or marine mechanic for compatibility information.

From what I understand could have either or. Guy before me said it was a single but I've spoken with 3 outboard cert mechanics with Mercury and they said it takes a 3 ram.

Yes it will fit but you will need the relay setup for it to work. The later model will be a 2 wire unit and yours is a 3 wire. 3 ram units are not design/HP specific and the SuperMag was 225Hp not 300

Appreciate it!! I have the relays and also the trim switch but idk how I'll be able to install being the way the cowl is made.
So basically the only thing ill possibly need is a harness to convert 2 wire to 3 wire?

Back