Logo

1989 Mariner 40Hp how to disable oil injection

rcb13

Hello All. This should really be a question for racerone.
Please provide detailed instructions on how to properly disable the oil injection system on the above motor. It is a 6E9-L-450120.
Thanks
rcb13

Is it a gear driven system or a unit called ---" autoblend " on this motor ?---------On gear driven units you can re-arrange the hoses.--------------Take pump discharge and return that oil to the tank / intake side of the pump.------------------------It would then be easy to put system back in service.

Last edited:
I will have to look at motor tomorrow. It is not at my location. I will respond with requested information.
Thanks
rcb13

racerone,
It appears to be a gear driven system. oil tank has two connections on lower aft end that are connected to each other by a loop. On the bottom of the tank is a electrical connection and a hose going to the pump. The pump appears to have two outlets, each outlet feeding into the carbs next to the intake manifold. How do I disable this type and what are the new hose routings?
Thanks
rcb13

attached (I hope) are pictures of mariner oil injection cowl.
rcb13

Attachments

• 100_1263.jpg
    100_1263.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1264.jpg
    100_1264.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 40
Faztbullet,
Look at Mariner parts on Marine engine's site for 6E9-L-450120 under "search by horsepower,model number,etc". 40Hp twin carb with oil injection is the one you want to look at. Shows the oil pump arrangement.
rcb13

First one I have ever seen and worked at Mariner dealer!!!! We sold them(40') on Dynatrack 160's with TM,6gallon tank,Autoblend turn key ready for $7995 and $99 a month. Sold 35+ at first at show...!!! :)

Last edited:
Back