Logo

1989 Johnson 150 NO SPARK-Please help!

1989johnson150

New to this forum and I’ve been having an issue with my 89 Johnson GT 150 not getting spark on all cylinders. Ran fine last week so I’m not sure what happened. I fully charged both batteries and took out all plugs to ensure I was getting proper RPM so it would allow spark but still nothing. Can anyone tell me where a good place to start would be? I have a multi meter and a Johnson service manual but I’m unsure where to start. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for your time.

I don’t have a kill tether. Just a key switch. I looked in the manual and it’s telling me to disconnect the one pin Amphenol connector between power pack and keyswitch then turn over and check for spark. I went over the wiring harness visually several times and I cannot find the connector they’re talking about. All I can find is a red Amphenol rubber plug with a fuse in the middle of it. Is this what they are talking about? Trying to follow the Service manual diagnostic procedure and it’s a bit hard to find the connector they are talking about. Any help would be much appreciated.

Back