Logo

1989 force 150hp missing out under wot

ortman18

have a force 150 missing out under load 3250 to 4000 . wont tac any more some times dies when you put in gear has 160 to 165 comp on all cyl. charging fine what is the trigger for. i thinking timming, or carbs

Re: 1989 force 150 missing out under wot

You have 2 fuel pumps.Check the diaphrams.Ethanol is messing up a lot of motors.It's delaminating the inside of older hoses causing clogs in the carbs and fuel filter.Check for soft hoses and junk in the filter on the motor.Check the diaphrams and fuel filters for water.You have a fuel/water seperating filter?Get one.and check it every time you use the boat.I have one from Racor with a sediment bowl. J

Try cleaning and re-tightening your wiring.Check for looseness or corrosion at the ground connections.This worked for me!Good luck.:)

got the fuel pumps taken off checked the diaphram looked not real great checked for bad ground gave it a once over .check back after the pumps are redone thanks

the stator had pinched wire on it the miss is out but lacking power under take off 19ft boat 21pitch prop

You check for spark?THen go through the carbs.Make sure the linkage is opening the carbs at the same time.J

Back