Logo

1989 evinrude 150 hp

spicerak

Contributing Member
how many hours do u think i co

how many hours do u think i could run at 5000 rpm with a 40 gallon tank with a 18ft center console thanks for the info

"maybe close to 3.

rule of

"maybe close to 3.

rule of thumb is it will burn 10% of the max hp per hr.

150 = 15 gal per hr........approximatley.

wieght, draft, current , wind, and a few other variables will alter this somewhat.

but it is good to use the 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 rule

1/3 = to destination

1/3 = to home (truck n trailer)

1/3 = reserve

right now the largest tank i have is 12 gal----so i keep a 5 gal premix jug of gas in the boat...............i fish inland on a small to medium lake (robert s kerr) and i have only ever had to add gas once....but i dont drive around too much-----if im bass fishing i might buzz across the lake other wise i use elec motor------catfishig i sit in one place for 1-2 hrs then i will move around some--depending on the bite.

now troller mtr batt i wish i had about 5 when im bass fishing.

if you plan on going to play---have a lot of gas with you and a lot of money in your pocket and hopefully your lake has a floating gas station................water sports suck down the gas, but its a lot of fun.

if you check oput graham's home work on fuel usage you can see there is a sweet spot at cruise speed that will lengthen your trip..........you will have to do your own homework to determine your sweetspot but grahams will give you a major headstart."

"I've done 2 accurate fuel

"I've done 2 accurate fuel consumption tests with my boat. Boat is about 5,000 lbs loaded, engine is a carburated 200 H.P (not OMC) 3 1/2 hrs running at 4200 rpm (about 28-29 miles an hour) water conditions knocked my down off plane occasionaly and didn't allow much more than running the 4200 rpm's. 28 gallons of fuel each time I tested."

Back