Logo

1989 40 hp evenrude vro e40 tlcec

Jimmyjak

Ice damage to the lower unit around the prop area. The retainers are exposed to fall out can i fasten them in for a cheap repair. Health issues so i cannot afford replacement. Does that part rotate?

Those retainers are located to put reverse gear in an exact location.----You need to take it all apart to inspect all parts for rust damage.----If all is well find a good used case to make this repair.

Those retainers are located to put reverse gear in an exact location.----You need to take it all apart to inspect all parts for rust damage.----If all is well find a good used case to make this repair.

Thank you for the info does that part rotate. Unfortunately i cannot afford the shell as all money is going for wifes cancer treatments.

The part in the back is called a bearing housing and when installed it does NOT rotate.------Used gear housings can be found if you look.-------But you have to inspect all internal bits first as they may all be rusted beyond repair.-----This is precision stuff so YOU must inspect it!!

The part in the back is called a bearing housing and when installed it does NOT rotate.------Used gear housings can be found if you look.-------But you have to inspect all internal bits first as they may all be rusted beyond repair.-----This is precision stuff so YOU must inspect it!!

Ok I am ready to take off the lower unit watched all the videos is the top sealed? It is backed in at the dock don't want to take if oil will leak.

Back