Logo

1989 30HP JRLCEDneed help please

"So yes a JRLCED 1989 30 HP Jo

"So yes a JRLCED 1989 30 HP Johnson...I recently bought this used and was told "she runs great never had any problems with her"..well I replaced the rewind spring and rope, plugs and cleaned filter screen in fuel pump.

This motor will start up on the second pull, idle for 5 seconds and cut off. I go through this 3 times and it will finally hold idle, be it very rough, while I rev it to keep from stalling again. When it warms up it smooths right out and will idle down just fine without any noticeable sputtering.

Under power it is fine no stalling or missing.I just wonder if there is an adjustment or cleaning of the carb I can do to save my pull rope and shoulder?? thanks Chris"

"Manually clean the top idle j

"Manually clean the top idle jet and also the high speed jet that is located in the center bottom portion of the float chamber.

If that carburetor has an adjustable slow speed needle valve on the top port portion of the carburetor, back it out a turn temporarily and then see how the engine starts and runs.

If better, while the engine is running, turn that needle valve in in i/8 turn segments until the engine either starts to die out of spits back (sounds like a mild backfire), then back it out about 1/4 turn. Let us know how you make out.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back