Logo

1989 25hp Evinrude buzzing noise and issues starting it!

Severini77

Just got a boat and have been redoing the whole boat! Now I’m at the motor it’s a 1989 25hp Evinrude E25ECEB! When I tried to start it, it hit and will run long enough for the fuel to run out real quick like its only the gas you got when I choked it! After trying it a few times a buzz noice came on at the control arm thing! I noticed it was not peeing any so I just installed a new water pump and a new fuel pump! Now when I try to start it! It kinda does the same thing but now it’s getting some water out the pee hole! But it’s not running enough to get a steady stream! What should i try next and what will cause the buzz noise! Is it possible it’s alarming because I been tring to start it and it’s getting hot? I’m stumped on what to do next! Can someone help me

Ok today I rebuilt carb and it’s still cutting off after it seams like the primer gas runs out! Any suggestions I also install a new fuel pump!

Have you tried pumping the primer ball to keep it running? did you thoroughly clean the carb? Or just replace parts? What is the compression? Do you have spark on both cylinders? Are you using the Start Lever? Does that motor even have an overheat sensor on the head? Do you have a manual or electric primer?

Have you tried pumping the primer ball to keep it running? did you thoroughly clean the carb? Or just replace parts? What is the compression? Do you have spark on both cylinders? Are you using the Start Lever? Does that motor even have an overheat sensor on the head? Do you have a manual or electric primer?

yes I have tried to pump the bulb to keep it running! The best way I found to keep it running is to keep the primer button pushes or keep pumping it some! I so called cleaned it good and replaced all the parts! I cleaned it and used air for all the ports! My compression is 112 and 114 and both are getting spark! The start lever works but then it cuts off and sometime I can start it for a few seconds without the lever also! It does have a overheat sensor and it’s electric primer too!

Back