Logo

1988 Mercury 135HP 2.0l Upgrades?

Joycejh11

I've been researching some ways to get some higher performance out of my motor. I've got it on a 1988 Searay Seville 18'. Currently have a 19p ss prop and am pushing 45mph at 5k rpm I've found on some forums that swapping to the WH-34 carbs can improve performance substantially. I've also seen that changing the exhaust divider plate can improve the performance. Any insight anyone has to getting this thing a bit quicker would be sick.

Just slap a set of WH-40 or 48's on it and make it a 150...exhaust divider is the same. Should pick up some RPM and at least one prop pitch. Not going to bust 50MPH with this HP/hull, maybe with a 175HP.

WH-40/48 is from the 150hp, would I not see any extra preformance from the WH-34 from the 175hp? I appreciate the information, finding info on this engine has been hit or miss.

Not on a 2L as not a fingerported engine. A 135 is a detuned 150. If you install the 175 carbs you would have to rejet as it would be too rich, you cannot get 175HP out of a 2L block with bolt on items.

Back