Logo

1988 Bayliner need some help with the exhaust risers.

Skylar

Good evening I was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction. And thanks ahead of time.

I have a 1988 bayliner inboard with a Chevy 305 V8 and a Omc stern drive. It is a fresh water cooled engine.

it has the old log style exhaust risers on the engine and I am wanting to swap them for a different set of risers so I can do through hull exhaust.But I have a couple questions about the other risers I just picked up. I understand the risers that I have now the water enters through the risers through the elbow and goes out the exhaust and the ones I picked up has a hose fitting in the riser and another hose fitting going to the elbow. On my risers I just have the sea water hose connecting to the thermostat housing where it separates to two hoses which goes to the risers, on the new risers I just bought I pulled off the elbow from the risers and it has block off plate restricting water going into the exhaust elbow Can I remove the block off plate and just run an open gasket on the new risers so that the water will flow into the elbow ? Or do I need to have the block off plates and do I need to run a separate hose to the exhaust elbow. Can I tea into the main water hose coming from the transom? Because my log style risers just has one hose hooked to them and the water flows from the elbow out the exhaust. Thank you and here are the pictures of the risers that I’m trying to use.

Back