Logo

1988 60hp vro again

g7hej

ok here we go again.
today stripped all 3 carbs down cleaned with carb cleaner, replaced rebuilt all gaskets ok, put new fuel pipe on with primer, emptied out oil tank cleaned with petrol put brand new tc3w 2 stroke oil in took pipe off and primed oil through to engine all good, started engine up, smokey exhaust out of water. till running for a while, noticed tick over was running about 1200 rpm, not normal, vro alarm was screaming, tank alarm side??? i followed oil pipe inside engine got a inline filter <white> ??
now awaiting sea trial to see if idle poor pick up cured i hope.

please any help
regards graham.

VRO was screaming? What does that mean?

(VRO Horn Warnings)
(J. Reeves)

NOTE: I retired around 1991/92. Possibly some of the later V4 engines and others may also incorporate a fuel vacuum switch that would enable a fuel restriction warning to sound as mentioned below, an unknown factor to myself.

1 - A steady constant beep = Overheating - The V/6 engines, possibly some others, have a fuel restriction warning which is also a steady constant beep.
2 - A beep every 20 or 40 seconds = oil level has dropped to 1/4 tank. (Late model engine = Every 40 seconds)
3 - A beep every other second = VRO failure, air leak in oil line, oil restriction, (anything that would result in a lack of oil being supplied to the engine).

NOTE - If the warning horn is the black plastic (overpriced) three wire type horn, the warning horn should beep once when the ignition key is turned to the ON position. If it does not, it is either faulty or someone has disconnected it (a stupid move!). At any rate, if it does not beep which indicates that the horn is non functional, find out why and do not run the engine until the problem is corrected.

Back