Logo

1987 Evinrude 140hp Looper Not accelerating

Do yourself a huge favor and pull the prop off and count the splines if you have 15 splines its the wrong LU...If 13 the magical number for this year 3.5 bore looper you are good,you then need to post the jet sizes since this can create the same issues you are posting.
140 HP will sling a 13 x 19 with no issues how ever wrong LU you are in trouble as for your mechanic get a refund and find another !

What does the number of splines have to do with this? Its the prop that the previous owner has used for years on this motor.

Why should I get a refund and find a new mechanic?

What am I missing here?

What does the number of splines have to do with this? Its the prop that the previous owner has used for years on this motor. Simple a lot ..

Why should I get a refund and find a new mechanic? Your post ..
OK guys. I finally got around to figuring out whats going on with the motor..I broke down and brought it to the mechanic. All that was wrong with it, was it needed some adjustments in the top mount throttle (which was new), and the cables on the motor end..Mechanic took it for a ride and said it was running top notch..He also, said once you put the throttle down, sit down and hold on cause that boat flies...

How about that?[/QUOTE

What am I missing here?
Sorry if I rub you the wrong way, I will love to see a picture of a 14 x 19 with 13 splines ..Good luck I am off on this one ...

Ive had the boat for about 6 months. When I got the boat it had a Force 120 on it. That motor ran great. Once I decided to repower (wanted more torque), I replaced the fuel line from the tank to the motor. Right now the line is about 3 months old.

Back