Logo

1987 DT75

sewilljason

I’m sure there is a problem here. Doesn’t start worth of crap the first time for the day. This appears to be a backyard mechanic that did the timing this way. Any help is appreciated as I’m not a certified Suzuki mechanic.

Once it starts, does it run like it's supposed to? Is the choke working correctly? WIth the cowling off and the breather (or whatever you want to call the cover for the carbs) is off turn the key to the "on" position and press the key in. Do the butterflies close? If not, it will never crank up cold. Also, in looking at other posts about this motor, most folks have to throttle up a little to get it to start up cold. Do you have a shift override on your control box where you can throttle up without putting it in gear? Try that. If I had a terrible time starting my motor, I'd probably tear into the carbs and clean up all the idle passages. If you think it's a timing issue, you need to do a "link and sync" procedure to correct any problems with timing. Get a manual, watch some videos and fix the motor.

I tried to post pics of the timing adjustments. Some reason it didn’t upload. Its hilarious. I went through all carbs, checked the jet sizing,drained the tank and on and on. Timing is so fucked up and I threw my timing light away when I quit wrenching at a GM dealer. But I have never been a mechanic on foreign products. I did get the 636 page repair manual. Was hoping to see someone’s adjustment to secure my hypothesis before I go buy another light

Back