Logo

1987 DT 75

sewilljason

Does anyone have a repair manual for this? I was a certified GM mechanic but not a Japanese mechanic.
Just bought the boat and it needs to be repaired right,not by a backyard mechanic.

Most of us are backyard mechanics. If you start working on your own motor in your backyard, you will be a backyard mechanic too! You're asking for help from backyard mechanics to help you to become a backyard mechanic! You're also insulting an entire race of people who produce most of the motors that we all have and love! Maybe getting that boat going and getting out on the water and enjoying your boat and the relaxation and fun you can have with it will be good for your overall outlook on life!
It certainy has improved mine!
Good luck, we're here to help.

Not insulting anyone. If I could’ve uploaded the pictures of the adjustment, you would understand. I was a GM mechanic for years just not a Suzuki mechanic.

Not insulting anyone. If I could’ve uploaded the pictures of the adjustment, you would understand. I was a GM mechanic for years just not a Suzuki mechanic.
I know this is older but you do realize this has an all digital system right? id study how it works. quite simple yet advanced. just a quick rundown: the CDI (really a computer/CDI hybrid) does NOT get its timing signal directly from the trigger like others. the pulsar/trigger sends a signal to start the delay circuit in the CDI. here is the key: the delay circuit now reads the gear counter coil, in conjunction with the throttle valve sensor on the carbs. once the counter runs out for whatever specific throttle position, it sends a signal like a trigger to open the switches in the CDI to spark. So you need A) a working and correctly adjusted throttle valve sensor and b/c: trigger and gear counter coils. if it idles rough, test the idle adjust switch. most are broken and will make the computer revert to base timing with NO accelerator function (advanced curve). bad oil pressure switch or temp switch? alarm sounds and reduces rpm to 3000. without knowing exactly what your symptoms are, its hard to tell you were to look.

Back