Logo

1987 DT 75

"Please help any one. I have a

"Please help any one. I have a 1987 Suzuki DT 75 that I get an oil low alarm on every time you getr up on plane. It stops as soon as you come off plane or if you back it down from full throttle. I have replaced the water pump and the oil sencer in the oil tank. I ordered the book from browns point marine and all the parts. According to the mannuel the sencer has only one float but the one I took off hadd two floats. I assume that it is a modified one. It has five wires and the original one had six. The orignal oil sencer was no longer made but browns point had one so I put it on. Well the alarm is still sounding when on plane. Can any one offer any advice? My son has a tournament in two weeks and I am at my witts end.
Thanks Harold
[email protected]"

"I dont think it has a water s

"I dont think it has a water sensor acording to the manual it dorsent have a water sensor, it is a steady beeping and quites as soon as you stop. my son says that the oil quanity indicator goes down to one light wich would cause the alarm, even though the tank is full"

try this the oil pump has a fi

try this the oil pump has a filter it is located
between the tank and the pump remove the filter and rinse it out i had the same problem your oil sensor is working properly you have a clogged oil filter and when the flow of oil increases the clogged filter doesnt allow enough oil through.
but very important listen close or you could smoke your power head
AFTER INSTALLING THE FILTER BACK IN PLACE PULL THE PLUGS OUT OF THE MOTOR BREAK THE BLEEDER NUT
LOOSE ON TOP OF THE OIL PUMP LOOSE WHICH IS A 8 MM ALLOW YOUR MOTOR TO TURN OVER UNTIL YOU GET A GOOD FLOW OF OIL OUT OF THE BLEEDER CRANK IT BACK DOWN AND YOU WILL BE READY TO GO FISHING

After all this other stuff now

After all this other stuff now my starter has went out Is there any where I can send it to have it rebuilt? A new one is 600.00. Need help
Thanks Harold

I was wondering if I could reb

I was wondering if I could rebuild it my self. I see most of the parts are avaliable at Browns Point Marine

OK Fixed the starter and final

OK Fixed the starter and finally figured out the over heat pproblem. It was a blown gasket where the water and exhaust come together on the side of the pwr head. Replaced the two gasket and took it out for a test run. We never got an overheat this time but after about a minute on plane it lost power and died. It started right back up and idles fine. My son was able to put it back on the trailor and take it home. The carbs have been cleaned and the fuel filter is new also. Any help would be apreciated

We need to rebuild the carbs I

We need to rebuild the carbs I need to know what comes in the kits and if one kit will do all three carbs or if we need to order kits for all three. Thanks
Harold

"Well every thing is working f

"Well every thing is working fine on the motor now. I have a new problem though, my son over hauled the carbs but now it fouls the plugs constantly. We have put new plugs in it and they only last a short time and they foul out. Could the carbs be out of adjustment? He set them according to the manual I got at browns point. Any help would be apreciated.
Harold"

Back