Logo

1987 70 hp johnson low spark

wen4222

"I just got this boat the othe

"I just got this boat the other day, it cuts out when running , i checked the spark all three plugs seems to just barely have a spark, i checked fire going into coils not much going in either , but had fire from stator close 200 or 250, trigger checked out ok , could the black box cause it to not spark like it is supposed too."

"In agreement with JWB. I migh

"In agreement with JWB. I might add that regardless of the stators' readings, visually check that stator closely for cracks and to see if a substance is dripping from it down on the timer base and powerhead area.

If cracked and/or dripping, replace it. This condition might alow it to provide proper voltage to the powerpack when cold BUT when warm/hot, a voltage drop would exist resulting in erratic, weak, or no ignition.

Also, at the powerpack..... remove the black/yellow wire from the pack and check (key on and off) to see if any voltage is present. Any voltage applied to that wire would (usually) indicate a failed/shorted ignition switch and this could damage the powerpack.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back