Logo

1986 25 engine miss

rescueken

"Hello, #3 cyl is not firing!

"Hello, #3 cyl is not firing! New plugs, wires, cap and rotor. New points and condenser. Compression is 125 lbs. pulled valve cover and valves and rockers working fine, unplugged ESA switch but no luck! Any ideas?? thanks in advance, Ken!"

"did you move that wire to ano

"did you move that wire to another cylinder to see if it's a bad wire. I'd change cap, rotor, points...set gap and dwell.....a tuneup"

"Sounds like he already did a

"Sounds like he already did a tune up. Try one of your old wires to that plug, its possible there is a short in the new wire you just installed. Even though you just installed new plugs, it is again possible but not probable you have a bad plug. Worth checking out. Make sure you have your firing order correct too. I criss crossed my wires one time on my V8, was wondering why it was lacking the power. I did finally figure it out. Did you take the plug out, ground it to the engine block and see if you're getting spark to the #3 plug?"

"I changed wires and also did

"I changed wires and also did an ohms test, also, I checked the plugs again. I pulled the in/ex manifold gasket to check for a leak and sure enough the gasket had a crack in it. replaced it and she is running fine! Thanks for the help guys! Ken"

Back