Logo

1986 200 blackmax running bad

Treyladut

I have A blackmax and it will not idle and sometimes it will.the boat sat up for sometime.did compression test it is 120 on cylinders and I am getting spark.went to run it today and it stalls when it put it gear.and sounds like it floods out.if I choke it and rev it up it will turn up Rpms and put it gear and it dies.what could it be?

What did the spark plugs look like? They should be medium brown. Change fuel filters lately? Turn the idle mixture screws CCW 1/4 turn.

Agree. Why not change the plugs if it's been sitting. Run some SeaFoam or Merc's "Powertune" through the system.

You may ultimately need to rebuild the carbs (or at least dissassemble and clean thoroughly), but try a basic tune-up and some "magic in a can". You might get lucky...

I cleaned the carbs and they did not look that bad.I noticed the floats would not drop the 1/16 inch like the book said do I adjusted them.waiting for new gasket kits.on the 2 nd carbs was missing a nut holding it to the manifold.would that make it run bad?

Put the carbs back on and new plugs and it started right up.put the motor in a tank deep enough to cove the prop and to pump water.she idled at 800_900 tons and did not even have to choke it.put in gear and it did not kill.going to test fun sunday.going to siphon the fuel tank out.what do yall recommend to add to the fuel tank as a additive to the tank?

Back