Logo

1985 evenrude loosing power and stalling at full throttle

larryh336

I have a 1985 evenrude that will idle all day and run good at half throttle and below but once I go full throttle it will run for 20 seconds perfect then starts dieing like it’s running out of fuel pumping the ball seems to keep it going . Any ideas what it could be I’ve cleaned the carb put new plugs and compression is 110 in both cylinders

What HP , model # ?----Test run with another fuel tank and hose.-----Water pump impeller replaced ?----Perhaps a new diaphragm in the fuel pump.

It is a 15hp model number E 15RCOB water pump and impeller have been replaced has oem carb rebuild kit . I haven’t touched the fuel pump but I was just looking at it and when I pump the ball a little fuel is coming out from the gasket I got the motor for free so don’t mine putting a couple bucks in to it but would rather narrow the parts down to replace then buying a bunch of parts

Yup looks like it’s dripping from one of the gaskets my local dealer has the part I checked the fuel tank and line on my brothers engine and ran fine . Thanks for the response I will change that out and hopefully that does the trick

Back