Logo

1985 Evenrude 15 problems

larryh336

I have a 1985 eventude 15hp model number E 15RCOB last week it idled and ran good until I ran it wide open and it would bog down I replaced the fuel lines and the fuel pump because they were leaking . Yesterday I put it in the water it started and idled for couple minutes went to take off and died looked around and saw fuel dripping out of the front of carb so pulled plugs they were soaked cleaned them up put them back in started rite back up second pull and idled for 10 minutes so I took it for a ride and ran great but when I let off throttle from 3/4 to full it wants to die and there is still a little fuel coming out the front of carb . Ive done the carb rebuild kit water pump all new fuel lines and fuel pump . The engine idles at about 800 rpms smooth and if I adjust lean rich a 1/4 turn either way it gets rough . Any ideas what to check out for the fuel coming out or carb and dieing when letting off throttle ? Thanks

Post the actual results of a compression test.----Some will argue , but it is the first and cheapest test to do when an outboard acts up.----

I would just install a new diaphragm ( $5.33 ) in the QUALITY factory fuel pump.----Did you install a new factory pump or an Amazon special?Perhaps there is an issue with a reed valve.

Back