Logo

1985 30hp Evinrude help

cthib73

I was running great then motor stop, was able to limp in it seemed that I lost a coil motor would not get on step, when I checked the motor out found the brown wire on the power pack was broken so I repaired the wire, went to test engine after the repair I had the same situation, The engine is old and I recently found a couple other wires on the terminal block that were bad so I repaired them also, Bought a new power pac and set of coils ,replace them still the same situation, I also replaced the plugs, still the same situation, I know I'm getting fire and fuel also cleaned the carb, I also have great compression, the linkage checks out . has anyone encountered this situation or can advise me in which direction to move forward, Thanks

Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" on both leads ?-----Does primer bulb go hard , yes or no ?----Checked fuel pump diaphragm ?---Checked reed valves ?

Just don't understand it was running fine one wire breaks then complete meltdown , might have shorted out the stator I'll have to see how or if I can ohm the stator see if it's in range

Very easy to ohm out the stator.-----But the stator has one charge coil that fires both cylinders.----One sensor coil that fires both cylinders.-----Have you checked the flywheel key ??

I say like you brother the thing should of worked when I repaired the wire I'll buy some new spark plugs again check all the wires again and see

Back