Logo

1984 mercury 75hp no spark on cylinder 1 & 2

hamid.azeez

Hi all, hoping you can provide some guidance on a problem i am having with my 1984 2 stroke merc.

i get no spark on cylinder 1 & 2. swapped cables at the coil pack for 2 & 3 and was then able to get spark on cylinder 2. what do you think could be the issue stator or switch box?

my stator looks ok and have the proper resistance reading 2350 and 75-80 ohm. though the wires are not that great.
how can i rule which unit is causing the issue?

i did find a similar post here, but that person never bother to come back post their solution :(...

thanks in advance.

I also wanted to add... since i am not getting any sparks on 1 & 2. in an effort to test the trigger, would i be able to swap the trigger wires? meaning, i am assuming the 4 trigger wires top to bottom violet, white, brown and white/black are representing cylinders 1, 2, 3 & 4. can i swap white and brown and check for spark on #2.

if spark on #2 CDI is good? yes/no?
if no spark, then it would be CDI? since 3 is a working unit?

Thanks for this faztbullet. appreciate you taking the time. i have ordered a switchbox(fingers crossed). i did swap the wires on the trigger as i indicated above and had no spark on #2 cylinder. but i also did not have any spark on #3 cylinder iether. flipping the wires back, i ended up not seeing any spark on #3.

Why not Amazon?

Back