Logo

1984 90hp evinrude had lower unit layin on its side overnight had gear oil leaking out of water intake holds next day is this a problem

Papajay

1984 90hp evinrude had lower unit laying on its side overnight next day had oil leaking out of water intake holes is this a problem

Need more information to help you.----Is it original with one piece driveshaft ?----Any water in it that might have frozen.----Ever had a seal kit installed ?----Pressure tested the gearcase?-------Here I would take it apart and look at condition of driveshaft seals.----Shift rod o-ring.----And if suspect I would install a seal kit.----Little over $100 and way cheaper than gears , bearings and shafts.

Need more information to help you.----Is it original with one piece driveshaft ?----Any water in it that might have frozen.----Ever had a seal kit installed ?----Pressure tested the gearcase?-------Here I would take it apart and look at condition of driveshaft seals.----Shift rod o-ring.----And if suspect I would install a seal kit.----Little over $100 and way cheaper than gears , bearings and shafts.
its original the oil looks without water if oil goes out thought water can come in. not sure if seal kit has ever been installed

Back