Logo

1981 J75TRLCIM Exhaust

I see the exhaust comes out of the prop hub and also the two holes on back of the midsection. On some you tube videos I also see that water comes out of the two holes.

Where should I see water coming out of this engine? I am thinking that I might have blockage inside the engine. Should I remove the head to check the condition of the internals.

I have .never had an engine alarm but the temp gauge seems to to be rising higher than two years ago. Also checked compression. All three cylinders at 140.

In agreement with Boobie.

With that compression... very unlikely there's any problem internally cylinder wise.

replaced the pump new recently. Stopped pumping. I inspected the impeller and found the white woodruf key was spun right out. It was a whole new pump kit. I must have done something wrong to have the key fail. Any idea what could have caused that. I have another new impeller and key, dont want to make another mistake. Maybe I tightened the hosing too much. I did turn the shaft by hand and everything seemed to move freely

Seems like a very simple procedure ....do you have any tips

Bolt tightness would cause the key to slip out, it was just overlooked that it slipped out when you installed the impeller. Glue the key in to the driveshaft flat area with a sticky substance... it helps.

In my above reply post #5, I stated... "Bolt tightness would cause the key to slip out". This was in error. It should have read "Bolt tightness wouldn't cause the key to slip out." My apologies for the typo.

Having the flat side of the driveshaft facing you, the tapered portion of that nylon key faces left.

Back