Logo

1981 7.5 Evinrude impeller replacement instructions.

Tool

Does anybody have good instructions for the impeller replacement on my 1981 7.5HP Evinrude? I was only able to buy the impeller as they are sold out of the complete water pump kit which usually comes with instructions.

Did the water pump on the 150 Fat Strike not long ago, never had the leg off the little ‘rude. I’m sure it won’t be hard by any means but it’s always nice to have verification you are doing it right!

Thanks in advance.

Get a factory service manual. You'll use it for other things on the motor besides the water pump.

Yeah a manual would be excellent. I always like having a service manual for as much of my equipment as possible. Have a Seloc manual for the 150 Fast Strike but nothing for the little guy.

Closest dealer is 75 miles away though so not super handy to get one. Maybe they can be had online? I’d prefer a paper copy but perhaps you can buy an electronic manual? I’ve seen that for some other machines.

Easy.----Just 2 bolts above the propeller.-----One bolt at the front.------Lower unit slides off.-----No shift rod to worry about.-----Pump is on top of lower unit.

Back