Logo

1981 50hp RECARB

RKM

OK. I HAVE A 1981 50HP #6011979. I have a book on it. All has gone well so far. But looking at the throat of the bottom carb at about the two o clock position there is supposed to be a brass screw (which is on the top carb) its not there. The screw is slotted for a standard screwdriver with threads in the center. I have looked at the book several times and cannot find a reference to it. From the looks of the illustrations of the book there are supposeed to be "screens" over the inlate of the carbs. I don't have them on either carb. Is this screw a place to mount these screens? If so are the screens mandatory for the carbs?

PICT0137.JPG

Ok..here are some fuzzy photos, but hope they will do. On the top picture at the two o clock postion there is no screw. On the bottom picture there is a brass screw. I cannot find reference to this in my book. Please help! Also on the idle tube there is supposed to be a gasket. Is this a brass washer or an o-ring? when I took them apart there was a brass washer. Just by looking I can tell these carbs have been apart in the past. I put them back together the way they came apart. But in my carb kit I have an O-ring that was not used. I have a gut feeling something is missing. All help would be great! Thx much. RKM

Back