Logo

1980 25 HP was running fine, now won't start

fxgardner

MY 1980 25 HP MODEL E25TECSA that you guys helped me with was running great in a barrel of water. I'd only have to touch the starter button and she would purr like a kitten. Then after sitting up for a week I finally have time to take her out for a test run but decide to try her out in the barrel one more time. Won't start! Plugs are firing fine and when I squirt little gas in the cylinder she'll fire up then shut off. Getting good gas flow all the way to the fuel filer. What now?

is the float stuck up in the carb?try tapping on tha carb with the back of a screwdriver...if it works then you need to redo carb..will the bulb pump up hard and stay hard without running the motor?

is the float stuck up in the carb?try tapping on tha carb with the back of a screwdriver...if it works then you need to redo carb..will the bulb pump up hard and stay hard without running the motor?

Yes it will stay pumped up without running the motor. I saw something on here earlier about how to test the fuel pump but I can't find it no. It was by Joe Reeves.

Back