Logo

1980 25 HP Estart

Joepr

Hello everyone!
My engine which is controlled with a basic remote control, when I put it forward of backward it goes into gear, but when pushing the throttle down further it doesn’t pull the gas thing! How can I fix this?

There is more than one type of control.-----Need pictures.------Is the shift lever on the side of motor block moving properly to allow magneto plate to rotate fully ?----Any parts missing on linkages ?----Pictures.

Last edited:
There is more than one type of control.-----Need pictures.------Is the shift lever on the side of motor block moving properly to allow magneto plate to rotate fully ?----Any parts missing on linkages ?----Pictures.

Wouldn't let me upload pictures direct so I uploaded it to an Imgur https://imgur.com/a/5ohFA7K

The throttle is moving back and forwards inside the block if that makes sense, like the rod on the outside pushes the blue part on the inside. Past that when I want to actually give gas/more power nothing moves. I think all the linkages are good? Unless I miss something

Hard to understand what you are trying to tell us. Let's start over and see if we can isolate the problem between the motor or remote control. Disconnect the remote control cables from the motor. Now can you operate the motor manually?

Hard to understand what you are trying to tell us. Let's start over and see if we can isolate the problem between the motor or remote control. Disconnect the remote control cables from the motor. Now can you operate the motor manually?

Yes I can. When the motor is running and I pull down the links it revs higher

Sorry ----you need to be more specific.----What do you mean by ----" I pull down the links "------What blue part ?------Is there a tiller attached at this time ?

How did this motor run for you last season ??-----What happened ?---You are showing the CHOKE LINKAGES there.-----Operate the control manually where the throttle cable attaches to the motor.-----Or hurry to your local boat shop and buy a jug of oil.----Then ask them to explain how to run your motor !

Back