Logo

1979 Mercury 150 hp V6 spark plug help plz

tawas23

I just bought a used 1979 Mercury 150 hp power trim V6 and looking for spark plug recommendation help the book says use Champion L76V or AC-V40FFM but reading that NGK most are saying run much better can anyone plz lead me in the correct direction serial number on mount says 5130069 but cannot find a parts diagram on this motor so any info would be greatly appreciated??? other number found is 1579-6606 don't know what number to use for a parts diagram .

I was hoping to get some kind of reply on this topic but cannot get any help on a spark plug recommendation I dont understand why anyone cant just give the input on what there running in there engines with good luck??can anyone help with this simple question plz

1579-6606 is a part / casting number.-----Means nothing as far as sparkplugs are concerned.---Parts book shows NGK ----BU8H and BUHW

Last edited:
what info is this as I cannot find anything on a serial number on this motor 5130069 is the serial number but nothing comes up under this number thank you for answering me I really appreciate that

I must be doing something wrong I clicked Mercury and entered the serial number and tells me not found I dont understand what I am doing wrong do you mind sending me a link I really do appreciate the help

Top of this page.-------Motor diagrams.-----------Bottom of the list for V150 is your serial # ----very clear if you ask me !

Back