Logo

1978 Evinrude 115HP No Start

fordparts

"I am a newbie on this forum a

"I am a newbie on this forum and to outboard motors so forgive me in advance if I don't have a clue ... because I dont! I was given a very clean old boat by my brother, at the time he gave it to me the lower unit was siezed up. I took it out to a guy and he replaced some bearings, after struggling to get the lower unit sealed (taking in water and causing eletric shift to not function) I finally got it working correctly. We took it out once and it didn't run to great, seemed to take off and go strong for about 30 or 45 seconds trhen would fall on its face. We played with it for a afternoon and as the day went on it seemed to go a little longer. Finally we brought her home and parked her were she sat for the last 2 years. Last week I drug her out and cleaned her up, new gas (18 gallon in board) and a new battery and hit the key, after a few seconds she fired briefly, choked and hit it again it started and by playing with the choke could keep it running. Shut it down and took it to the lake to see what happened, Nothing. Cant get anything from her now. I have checked the compression and it is solid on all four cylinders. Pull a plug and turn it over I get not fire, but that is just by holding the plug and looking for fire. I really want to make her run but dont know were to go from here. Please talk to me like the newbie I am so I can understand your instructions."

Back