Logo

1978 6HP Evinrude - Complete Specifications.

Jackson12

Hello Each and Everyone of You,

My request is to ask if and other member could pass onto me the complete specifications for a 1978-1980 6HP Twin Evinrude outboard motor, or steer me in the direction as to where to find the specifications please.

Jackson12
Australia.

They did not build the same motor in 1980.----The 5.5 / 6 HP was the same essentially from 1954 to 1979.-----The 1980 7.5 HP was completely different.

Hi,
Appreciate your response, unfortunately the motor in question does not have a model/serial number plate, however I believe the motor is a six horsepower approximately built around 1975-1978 going by the owners history of this engine.
Regards,
Jackson12

A few pictures might identify it in seconds.----The 1975 model had points.----The 77 to 79 models had electronic ignition with powerpack and external coils.

Morning,

The engine in question has points ignition. Difficult to show a photo as it resides in another state of Australia.

Appreciate your input.

Jackson 12

So it is a 1976 or older motor.-----Visit-------Leroysramblings--------Or a few other sites to get all the information you need to maintain these wonderful motors.----Step 1 is a compression test.----Original head gaskets often fail.---New replacements are better quality.

Back