Logo

1977 evinrude 15hp add electric start conversion kit

should work.-----agreed a donor motor is the best way.------flywheel / starter / bracket and electrical
bits.
Thanks. For the reply. Been comparing parts #s they are the same. Donor motor a lot less $ than finding parts or the so called over priced kits on eBay. The flywheel alone is more than I can get this whole motor for. Anyway. Thanks again.

And don't throw it away once you get the parts you need now. That parts motor will pay for itself over and over again!! Smart purchase!
I bet Racerone has 20 or 30 "parts motors" on hand. He's constantly got the parts that folks here need for older outboards!

And don't throw it away once you get the parts you need now. That parts motor will pay for itself over and over again!! Smart purchase!
I bet Racerone has 20 or 30 "parts motors" on hand. He's constantly got the parts that folks here need for older outboards!
Thanks for the reply. I am not trying to discourage people from buying the used parts that they need. I just got lucky. I believe finding a parts motor with the good parts that I needed. Thanks uncle Charlie.

20 or 30 parts motors, Ha ha…I’ve seen his shop(S), probably more like 200-300! It defies description. It’s my go to for brand new & used parts. Along with how to install them.

Ha, would love to meet Racer. Probably never will, however. I too have about 200 motors around here, someday if I live to be 90 or so, I may know about half of what he knows. Joe Reeves is another phenomenal outboard mechanic. These guys are icons in outboard repair....yes.... from the days when you actually repaired stuff instead of just replacing it. Thanks you guys, for helping thousands and thousands of other mechanics to get the job done right.

Great. Thank you very much. This has become a slow winter project for me. Taking my time and patience trying to do it all right the first time. Merry Christmas to you and yours racerone.

Back