Logo

1977 9.9 rude

Electric start, rope start?.... Compression would depend on the speed of which the engine is cranked over.

Normally somewhere between 80 and 100 psi. What are your readings?

Oops , should of mentioned that it is a pull start. Was actually just wondering before i buy it. Before i buy it i will put my compression tester on it to see. The guy says 95 psi, but i guess i will find out. Is 450$ seem reasonable for that engine?. apparently whole ignition has been changed , and refurbished. engine is spotless.

The price seems a little high, but that depends on where you're at.

In total agreement with Boobie. That 1977 9.9hp (37 years old) didn't cost much more than that figure when new. I'd suggest you shop around a bit if for no other reason to obtain a variety of prices compared to the model year.

In CT, where I am, that is a steal. Other places not so much.
We pay more for everything here. And you wouldn't find one in pristine condition either.
I paid $350 for a not so pristine one (75' 9.9) a couple years ago. It is a good runner though with some minor quirks.

Location is everything.-----------In salt water areas many folks would rather buy an older / good running fresh water motor.----This ups the demand / price for them.

Ok thanks .... I am in b.c canada. Northern bc. I've been shopping all over and it seems that's the rate up here. People want up to 800 for them. I will continue to shop .

Depends on how long you have been looking,and when you want to go fishing. spent 450 for a 75 6hp rude that was totally refurbed.Looked for about 6 months and the rest of the boat was ready to fish.Got out 5 or six times already.

Back