Logo

1976 Evinrude Brogging issue

mobiletec

Well took the boat out this we

Well took the boat out this weekend and here`s what found. Did a link and sync. Started right up no problem. Then i Took it out for a spin and the same thing BOGGS after 1/4 throtle. So I pressed in the key to hit the choke and then throtled right up and it took off no problem. Full throtle for 15 20min no problem. Then i cycle it back and forth from full to 1/4 and it BOGGS again. Hit choke and works fine. Ohh by the way i didnt end up changing the coils or power pack as i checked the spark with timming light on all 3 holes even with the boat full out resting against the dock. Any Thoughts as to what might be happening. Installed new fuel pump and lines last year. And rebuilt carbs with aftermarket carb kits could this be the problem. If it were the high speed jet would it do the same after i hit the choke. Thanks guys for any help on this.

"If high speed jets were clogg

"If high speed jets were clogged, high speed might be engaged when you hit the choke BUT that would be only momentarily..... the engine would not continue to run at high speed due to the fouled jets.

It sounds more like you have the throttle butterflies opening too soon, OR the timing base under the flywheel is sticking slightly.

The throttle butterflies should just start to open when the scribe mark of the cam is dead center with the center of the throttle cam roller. This should take place at the specified degree mark stated in your service manual."

Back