Logo

1975 25hp johnson wiring

odb1967

ive got a 1975 model johnson 25hp w/elect start. im wanting to hook up a switch so i can use the elect start but i dont know what wires go where. is there anyone that can help me by telling me where i can find the diagram for the harness that plugs into the front of the motor on line or possibly email a copy of the wiring diagram to me, the model number is 25E75 or 25R75,[ its scratched up an hard to see real good] , thanks for any help

Last edited:
Re: 25hp johnson wiring

try reading your shop manual...if you dont have one... get one. youre gonna need it sooner or later. and to me it sounds like you need one now.

Check for a dollar sized round plate somewhere on your engine block.You can find the model number there.You can usually find a wiring diagram on this site,but Mr dimitrimfogal is right,you should try and find the manual for your motor to do things right.It woud be a shame to fry something worth hundreds to save $30-$50.Good luck.

im getting rid of it and wanted to fix it so it could be started with starter, also there is no way to shut it off with out the key . didnt want to invest in a manual since selling it any way so i thought there might be a diagram i could look at some where to help me hook up the key switch..thanks for the help

Back