Logo

1974 850 Thunderbolt help with rotor

Kevin54

Hi I hope everyone is having a great 4th. My son dropped off his bass boat because it stopped running and he is a carpenter not a mechanic I'm a retired car mechanic so I am try to help him. He and a friend tried to check it out not a good idea. When they tried to check the cap they pulled 2 of the wire off I can fix that but they also broke the rotor loose so it spins around freely. I guess it could of broke while it was running? What I would like to do is epoxy the rotor to the shaft because he cannot afford a distributor shaft assembly even if we could find one. What I would hope to find is someone on this forum who would take a picture of the rotor shaft that shows it relationship to the key way to the rotor. Thank you Kevin

Use ---google ---with 393-4371 rotor-----Not cheap but they are available.----One listed at $200 or so.----I might have some too, but too far away with international border in the way.

Thank you for checking. Any chance you could send me a picture of the rotor and the end of the shaft with the slot so I could try to index the rotor to try epoxy to see if it will run before investing money in a rotor and shaft?
Thank you Kevin

Back