Logo

1974 70hp johnson outboard

17arrowglassstinger

Contributing Member
hello i bought a new power pac

hello i bought a new power pack but i think that maybe its a couple years newer than mine the only difference is that the cover plate for my one thats on my motor has four screws to srew the cover on and the one i got only has two but it has the same number connections and is the same size its just from a newer model but still a 70's model would this affect anything im just going to leave the cover off

k replaced pack today still no

k replaced pack today still no spark and the person before me had stripped the spark plug hole and i attemted to fix it with a thread repair tool well now the hole is to big and the plugh just comes in and out freely any suggestions before i sell it and buy a bigger motor im looking for a bigger motor anyway and now this just put it over the top for me to go and buy a cheap bigger motor cause i dont think its worth it

"in my opinion---a head plug h

"in my opinion---a head plug hole,cant be repaired 'properly' nor professionally,...VIA a thread repair kit,..sure ,in 32 yrs,i have used heli-coils,and thread inserts....just a patch,...to fail,at the most worst time.....they always,will,fail,...a machine shop,or new hd,..is the professional way,to deal with it...."

thanks my boat is stuck in the

thanks my boat is stuck in the water now im gonna have to spend a fortune getting towed to the ramp cause i dont know any1 with a boat to tow me thanks for the info im gonna sell it and get a bigger better one any suggestions on a motor between 90 and 140 h.p like what year is good and which ones arent

"Matt, any idea what it would

"Matt, any idea what it would cost to have this motor shipped to Canada? I'd be willing to purchase the lower unit from you. I need a lower unit for my motor as mine is severely damaged and don't want to pay $1300 for a new one.. Let me know."

Back