Logo

1970 and 1971 60 HP Johnson motors solenoid (blue green) Wires

I have two near identical motors. I have pulled the gearcase on the 1970 and in the process pulled the shift wires down with the gear case through the leg, using a string attached to the ends and up top to keep a pull back for reassembly. I keep studying the assemblies in the parts section and it appears one may be able to connect to the solenoid cover area instead. Is that a possibility. Sure would make removing the gearcase a lot less of a pain. I worry about pulling the wire apart or getting it stuck along the way during removal and reassembly of the gearcase.

Put some penetrating oil on the cable where it goes through the exhaust housing.----Note-----These solenoids are trouble free and best not to touch them.

Thanks, I will just pull them with a strong string attached.

My neighbor was available to help so I decided to pull the gearcase. Could not get the wires and string to start down the tunnel. Plenty of room down below to add connectors to the wires which is exactly what I did. No more chancing the pull down and up with the only wires that allow going at all.

Back