Logo

1968 Merc 50hp SS no water flow

SaltyScot

Regular Contributor
No water coming out the tell tale. I pulled the LU off and tried to run compressed air through the tell tale and water pickup and it won't flow from either direction. I pulled the hose off of the tell tale and straightened it out and still nothing. Where would I go from here to try to tackle this problem? I can't even see where the tell tale hose originates. Thanks.
Stephen

Likely the passage on exhaust cover is clogged. Better to cap it off and bring hose out from middle of cylinder as usually a plug there

Likely the passage on exhaust cover is clogged. Better to cap it off and bring hose out from middle of cylinder as usually a plug there

Thanks.

I went and looked for the plug and couldn't find it. Where you describe is where it was on my 1970 Long shaft 50 hp. I couldn't find a plug anywhere. But then I noticed a hose coming off the top of the head and followed it until it came out the front of the motor along with fuel line and control cables.

DTOH! :eek: I didn't notice the dang ol' pressure gauge on the dash board. LOL I just bought this boat(13' Nylox Ski Master) and hadn't looked it over too closely with all the lovely weather lately. I ran some water up the outlet pipe of the water pump and it came out the top, so it seems to be flowing properly. I just gotta put a new impeller in there and slap it back together and it should be good.

Back