Logo

1962 Johnson 75 HP Super Sea Horse - NEED COIL RESISTANCE Test Values (Do you have the manual? Help)

DominikZ

Hello, I have a 1962 Johnson 75 HP Super Sea Horse that is most likely in need of a new coil.

Do you have the 1962 Johnson Super Sea Horse 75 HP Service Manual, or a master manual from an old Johnson outboard repair shop circa 1962?

I am trying to do a Coil Resistance check and need the range in Ohms for the Coil to be deemed "acceptable" or "unaccaptable."

Can you help or provide any help on this information? It would be much appreciated. The motor is on a 1957 Thompson Sea Lanver 19.5" wooden boat, very nice little runabout.

Thank you!

- Dom

*Note: My problem with not getting the manual is that it is $149.99 on some random website and none are available on ebay or MarineEngine.com right now. The Clymer manual was not descriptive enough and covered a range of years/ models. So the Manual Owners/Sellers essentially created a small monopoly on this particular 1962 Service Manual, and I really only need those coil values out of all the information. Please help, thanks.

Ignition coil or electric shift? I have a 1965 electric shift and the coils read about 6 ohms. I'm not sure about the ignition coil but I recently got a new one and can check for you

I actually have 1965 75 hp motor. It's almost exactly the same as the 62
internally. I have the service manual for it and it says the resistance spec is the same for a bunch of the battery ignition models

I actually have 1965 75 hp motor. It's almost exactly the same as the 62
internally. I have the service manual for it and it says the resistance spec is the same for a bunch of the battery ignition models. I have a homemade DVA adapter that seems to work pretty well. I can send schematics if you'd like

Thanks Jomad04. Hey, can you help me and show the section in the Service Manual from your 1965 Johnson 75HP Service Manual relating to:

1. a deep procedure for disassembly and reassembly of the entire distributor ;

2. Carburetor and reed valve section ;

3. Stator resistance ;

4. Coil resistance (primary winding and secondary winding,) please?

I really want the motor to work again and these manuals are suddenly unavailable or pretty costly. Help a brother?

Thank you so much!

- Dom

Last edited:
Back