Logo

1962 Johnson 40 HP RKL-24L Electramatic Manual Starting

moonkat5155

It seems that my recently acquired motor has some kind of a locking mechanism to lock the pull start feature with a lever actuated pawl preventing it's operation.
Any and all help will be appreciated.

If throttle is advanced too far you cannot operate the recoil.-----You can remove that for testing purposes.---Do a complete evaluation of this motor before spending any beer tokens.-----Post compression values.----Test for strong spark ( 1/4" or more ).-----Test shift function.----Did you get the controls and junction box ?

It seems that my recently acquired motor has some kind of a locking mechanism to lock the pull start feature with a lever actuated pawl preventing it's operation.
Any and all help will be appreciated.
If throttle is advanced too far you cannot operate the recoil.-----You can remove that for testing purposes.---Do a complete evaluation of this motor before spending any beer tokens.-----Post compression values.----Test for strong spark ( 1/4" or more ).-----Test shift function.----Did you get the controls and junction box ?
Yes, have all controls…Also is the spring depicted in my picture correctly installed ?
Thanks

motor pic.jpg

Back