Logo

1960 Johnson 18hp air box needed?

Darren1984

Have a 1960 Johnson 18hp and it came without the control panel, the high and low speed adjustment knobs, the air box and the frame that goes around the pull cord. I just got it running today and was wondering if I will need the air box installed in order to mount the frame/box that houses the bull cord handle.

Im trying to complete the cowl as I’ve purchased a replacement control panel but I have no clue how it mounts to the front of the engine. I have the rubber seal for it but the control panel has no holes in it to bolt to anything. Since the carb has no airbox, I’m wondering if that’s what the control panel would mount to somehow. Im also thinking that the box that surrounds the pull cord (missing too) mounts to the air box?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Flyingscott you are a god amongst men! Thank you!

Now if I can only find an airbox I can start getting closer to having a complete motor. Thanks again!

I’m in Riverview fl. Turns out I guess I don’t need an airbox to get the pull start frame installed on the cowl I guess. Would anyone know if the box needs to rest on top of the airbox to be installed properly or does it just snap on to the cowl?

The part number for this box I keep talkig about is

306098​

I’m gonna need some knobs too so I’ll post pictures of the adjustment post and maybe someone could direct me as to if I’ll need anything else to get the knobs on there. Very excited to get this control panel on there!

Back