Logo

1958 evinrude lark 35hp

rebeldawg1976

Hey can someone please help me before I light a fire to the entire boat and walk away I have a 1958 evinrude lark 35hp I have put new points condensers coil coil wire spark plugs had the carb rebuild now its getting fire and fuel but it will not start I've trying using the starter on it with a new battery but the starter acts like it's weak and barely turns the fly wheel so I'm at witts end with it can someone help give me some info on what could be wrong thanks

Will it start with the recoil starter ?-----Tested electric choke ??------Not mentioned here is condition or age of battery.----But charge the battery and have it load tested.-----Take starter apart for inspection.-----Check battery cables.

I've got a electric start and pull start and I pulled til I completely smelt gas but when I first got the motor it didn't get spark or fuel now it does and it want even act like it want to start

Put 6 and 1/2 drops of gas in sparkplug holes.----Install plugs.----Put control in START position.-----Crank it over or pull with recoil for 6 or 7 times.------Report what happens.

Back