Logo

1956 evi 7516 impeller/lu removal

dkonrai

Regular Contributor
first little classic i have owned. im starting another project, and wanted to replace the impeller. i have removed the lu bolts, and now i cant seem to remove the lu.
waiting on a factory manual but do i remove the ph to remove the lu? the lu dropped about a half inch and i dont see a shift coupler or a access hatch so i can remove the shift lever to drop the lu.
thanks for any tips
dino

On that one you have to remove the powerhead to disconnect the shift rod.----Not at all hard to do and it is also a good opportunity to inspect /service the mechanical seal on top of the driveshaft.

On that one you have to remove the powerhead to disconnect the shift rod.----Not at all hard to do and it is also a good opportunity to inspect /service the mechanical seal on top of the driveshaft.

thanks, my guess is it will be the same for my 5.5 as well. why did they do this??
dino

kim
i am waiting for three factory service manuals :) in the snail mail. i will pull the ph tomorrow. i have to go to work plumbing (darn it) and then i have to sharpen my kids skates at the shop, then i can tinker a bit in the garage. hoping to sell off some items on a auction site so i can fund my habit, i mean hobby.
thank you kim :) always a good help. on a different note, i cleaned the carb for my 10hp, qd and omg what a difference. :) i am ready to sell off all the mid 80's 9.9 i have laying around. the older motors seem to run pretty darn good.
dino

kim,
i see you are from up north? out of kent? see a lot of duroboats up there? love mine :) gotta screaming yellow zonker.

Back