Logo

1955 Fleetwin 7.5hp

Nobrot

Contributing Member
HI, I've just bought one of these beauties and before I strip it down I got her running. I have the fuel tank, the thumb primed one but just hooked her up to a gravity fed fuel line just to get her going. Will this method get the required amount of fuel into the carb in order for me to set it up, it's been cleaned and new parts fitted. She starts with choke, runs well for a few seconds but then seems to slow and stop, then starts with choke again etc etc , adjusting the jets help but not good enough....am I getting the correct fuel supply or do I need the tank set up.

Not sure if your gonna get enough fuel pressure with gravity. How far is your drop to the motor? Is your "air" outlet plugged off....the one coming out at the motor?

Not sure if your gonna get enough fuel pressure with gravity. How far is your drop to the motor? Is your "air" outlet plugged off....the one coming out at the motor?

The drop is about 18" and is just the fuel pipe, no reservoir or tank. The '' air outlet pipe '' is not plugged off now you mention it.

Back