Logo

1955 Evinrude gear case upper and lower assembly

Wiskey_Tango

Hi, sorry new to this site. but I am wondering if anyone could tell me if this hole is supposed to be there.20210519_105738 (2).jpg

I look at other motors of the same year (online) and I don't see a hole on any of them, I have read it is a weeping hole. But I am getting this out the hole.

20210519_105710 (2).jpg

Removed drain plug and I see this. I know right.

20210519_110106 (3).jpg

Model #

20210519_110148 (2).jpg

I am thinking that hole does not belong there, but wanted to reach out to other professionals/hobbyist for input before I decide to plug hole and pray to GOD. I know, I plan on changing the water pump. The motor does run. Replaced recoil starter Pawl, rope, spark plug and fuel line and fired up on first pull.

I thank everyone in advance for your positive input.

Thanks

Thank you raceone: Here is what I have for you:

HC.JPG
hole.JPG
Gear Assembly:

20210525_110331 (2).jpg

I know right... looks like I have some work to do... since I am replacing water pump, I am also replacing some items in the gear assembly. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated... I never worked on a boat motor at this level. I am sure I am going to learn a lot...lol

Again thanks to all of you that have helped in this matter.

Last edited:
I am replacing upper and lower gear case assembly. I don't know what kind of metal the gear case assembly is, So I don't how yet to go about fixing hole.

Last edited:
Back