Logo

1954 Evinrude #25916 Half Power

kerry_smith

"I have rebuilt the carb, repl

"I have rebuilt the carb, replace the ignition system, including coils. The motor starts okay but not great cold once warmed up it's fine, idles fine, increases and decreases RPM very smoothly. This week's problem is it is running about half power at full throttle. I re-checked the throttle linkage. Verified all fuel and air lines. Points at .20, plugs at .30. 24:1 fuel. Equal fire from plugs when pulled and grounded. It feels like the throttle can not forward high enough. The fuel valve still has room to move but when I advance it by hand it advances a little more then sputters.

I am not comfortable with the check valve, little inormation given in the service manual about it.

The flywheel is magnetically charged on one side but I assume that is correct otherwise the coils would fire simultaneously.

The engine was not run for a few years before I began the project and the former owner, my step dad, has ridden with me and is convinced it ran MUCH faster.

Any ideas?"

Compression? Make sure the tim

Compression? Make sure the timing / base plate under the flywheel is moving free and to the wide open position.

"I have a 1954 15 hp, and have

"I have a 1954 15 hp, and have been runing on 40 :1 mix, for 8 years, my plugs are not oil fouled any longer, and when removed are light brown, it sounds like you are droping ign on 1 cyl, recheck coils and plug leads, could be looseing spark to ground or bad condensor."

"Hellow
I just buy a colecti

"Hellow
I just buy a colection motor Evinrude sérial number is : 25012-80126
I think that is a year model 1953 or 1954 ?
Do you know what is the signification for 80126 ?
Also I am very interesting in all documentation (owner manual , spare parts notice , manual and other like photo, etc
I think her was in good shape but before start it I prefer some information ......
Also , After reading some message on Forum I understand that this model needs a special fuel tank ( 2 hoses ) because there is no fuel pump on the motor.

Thank you in advance for all informations and details
GILLES ( [email protected])"

Back