Logo

190 Amp Powerline alternator on BBC

o2batsea

Outstanding Contributor
Latest impulse buy is this Hehr Powerline alternator for the Big Block. It's an older one but the exact same as the current model 24-12, and is new old stock. For $60 and free shipping, how could I resist?

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 9.02.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-11 at 9.01.28 AM.png

It is externally regulated, so I'll be using one of my Xantrex smart alternator regulators. I have both the alternator temp sensor and the battery temp sensor accessories for it, so I hope it will prevent cooking either the alternator or the batteries.
Haven't actually attempted to fit it up, but looks like it'll go even tho it is a larger case than the stock Mando (65 amp).
Will get pics after I get it installed. Cheers.

Last edited:
Well aware of my needs. I'll be delivering the Pfizer vaccine up some of the more remote tributaries of the Amazon so refrigeration is key.

The company I work for has been integral in the Vaccine work.

We supply all drug companies globally with product used for such research and manufacturing.

We actually were visited by Operation Warp Speed representatives last spring as we are part of the R&D and development supply chain.

Back